Suffolk 5 Day Challenge Walk
From 18-22 May, I walked 100km – 145,000 steps – along the Suffolk Coast. I walked with Just 42’s fundraiser Julia Hancock and Celine the dog, to raise funds to support young people in Woodbridge and the surrounding rural areas. Thanks to a lot of very generous sponsors we’ve raised nearly £2500.
And you can hardly believe the sheer amount of good that Just 42 will be able to do with such a sum!
- On day 1 Julia Hancock, Celine the Dog and I raised enough to support 20 kids with complex needs for 3 weeks worth of Just42’s Mimic club. (You can see pictures of where we walked here)
- On day 2 we raised enough extra to also support 30 kids at one of Just 42’s rural youth clubs for 6 weeks! (You can see pictures of where we walked here)
- Day 3 we raised enough funding to also keep one of Just 42’s mobile youth clubs running for FIVE weeks. (You can see pictures of where we walked here)
- And on Day 4 – guess what? Enough money to ALSO run a holiday club for 100 youngsters for a week! (You can see pictures of where we walked here)
- Day 5 has raised enough to train 5 mentors who will support 15 young people in crisis every year! (You can see pictures of where we walked here)
Yes, it’s amazing how far the money will stretch when you want to use it to best advantage.
You can help us help Just42 help the young people of Suffolk Coastal. There is still time to sponsor us.
Text us a tenner: Text FTOL66 £10 to 70070
Or donate via Just Giving https://www.justgiving.com/Caroline-Page1/
A final thank-you to the organisers of the Suffolk Challenge walk – part of the Suffolk Walking festival for allowing us to thump our fund-raising drums as we walked, to Lesley Dolphin and the EADT for covering our fundraising, and our fellow walkers – so many of whom supported us so generously